The weeks of summer are flying by. I've seemed to fall into a twice a week blogging pattern for summer. Works for me. Once school starts, I'll get back to my three times a week.
Here are my five for the week:
1) Dental surgery is not all bad. Everything has a silver lining, right? I'm trying to summarize the good things about having dental surgery (which I was fortunate enough to have yesterday).
- When I got home, I slept from 12:30 pm - 6:30 pm and then still went to bed at 10:30 pm.
- I have not had such a relaxed day in YEARS. Like as in before I ever had kids. Nothing seemed to bother me during my 4 awake hours yesterday.
- My relaxation has even carried over to today. Nice.
- I didn't have to even thing about cooking.
- I have a titanium screw in my mouth. There's something cool about titanium. It sounds indestructible.
2) So let's face it, before my surgery, I was a bit tense. Really, lots tense. And I needed something lighthearted and fun to read, so I picked up SCREWBALL by Keri Mikulski and loved it! You guys should all read this book. It's amazing, and I can't wait for the sequel CHANGE UP coming very soon.
3) Ahead of me I have TWO weeks of 9-3 summer camp. I mean, not camp for me. For the kids. Which means I get 6 beautiful, wonderful hours of writing time for ten magnificent days. That's 60 hours. And we're not even counting the after bedtime writing. This is during the day.
I love my kids. And I love summer camp.
4) Must point out my friend Christine Marciniak's awesome debut novel, WHEN MIKE KISSED EMMA is due out August 19th. I can't wait! It's fun, light hearted, and a must read for all those teen girls you know and love.
5) I think there was a five, but it's escaping me. So have a great weekend!